- Don’t dampen with a mop – Water and wood floors don’t mix! Use only the manufacturer’s recommended cleaning products on your hardwood floor.
- Vacuum regularly – Small stones, mud and gritty dirt brought in from outside works as sand paper on your wood floor’s finish. Long bristle matts placed at all outside entrances helps to combat this problem. Also, using a vacuum with a soft bristle floor head helps.
- Use the proper felt – Narrow wheels, sharp wooden legs or metal furniture legs can scratch and dent hardwood floors. Any furniture that rests directly on top of a hardwood floor should have protectors. For extremely heavy objects such as a piano, use wide, non-staining heavy-duty rubber cups. You can purchase them in your hardware store.
- Keep pet claws trimmed – to avoid scratches from pets be sure to regularly trim pet’s claws.
- Door mats – using non-stainable door matts can help stop dirt and debris from being carried in on your hardwood floor.
- Don’t use oil soaps – There are many over the counter oil-based soaps and wax based cleaning products that may damage or dull the finish of your wood floor. The best suggestion is to only use the manufacturers recommended cleaning products on your hardwood flooring.
- Never wax a urethane floor – If your hardwood floor has a polyurethane finish never use a paste wax on the floor’s surface. A paste wax may form a sticky film on your floor and allow tracked in dirt to stick to your wood finish. Polyurethane finishes will not adhere to any wax and adding a fresh coat of polyurethane to your floor will be very difficult.
- Never slide heavy objects directly over your floor – use a pad or 5mm underlayment underneath the object when moving heavy objects over your wood flooring. When renovating it is wise to cover your wood floors while still under construction, or while moving your furniture into the home.
- Wipe spills immediately – when accidents happen and some liquid gets spilled on your hardwood floor, you should use a slightly damp white cloth, or paper towel to immediately clean up and dry the effected area. For more difficult spots, follow the manufacturer’s recommended cleaning procedures.
GEMINI is a new generation state-of-the-art blended floor sealer finish that dries to a
brilliant clear gloss.
GEMINI is a new generation state-of-the-art blended floor sealer finish that dries to a brilliant clear gloss.